Kissimmee Protective Injunction Attorney
Obtain Counsel About a Restraining Order
Commonly known as “restraining orders,” protective injunctions
are court orders against violence. The petitioner is an individual who
files, or “petitions” for the injunction, while the respondent
is a person the injunction is requested for. The petitioner needs to be
a victim of the domestic violence charge or possesses reasonable cause
to believe he/she is in imminent danger of becoming the victim of any
act of domestic violence.
The following are four types of injunctions in Florida:
- Injunction for Protection Against Domestic Violence
- Injunction for Protection Against Sexual Violence
- Injunction for Protection Against Dating Violence
- Injunction for Protection Against Repeat Violence
Penalties For Violating A Protective Injunction
There are multiple ways to violate a protective injunction in Florida.
If committed, violation of a protective injunction is classified as a
first degree misdemeanor, punishable by up to one year in jail or 12 months
of probation, along with a fine of up to $1,000.
A person may be charged for any of the following:
- Committing an act of domestic violence against the petitioner
- Committing any other violation of the injunction through an purposeful,
unlawful threat, word, or act to commit violence to the petitioner
- Refusing to leave or vacate the home or residence which the parties hare
- Going to, or being within 500 feet of, the petitioner’s residence,
school, place of employment, or a certain place regularly frequented by
the petitioner and any named family or household member
- Refusing to surrender firearms or ammunition, if ordered by the court
- Knowingly or intentionally coming within 100 feet of the petitioner’s
motor vehicle, whether occupied or not
Establishing communication with the petitioner directly or indirectly,
whether it’s by telephone, e-mail, text, etc.
- Unless injunction specifically allows indirect contact through a third party
Let Us Fight For You
If you have been involved in any of these violent crimes and face an injunction,
it’s imperative to seek legal services from our
Kissimmee criminal defense attorney. At Melendez Law Offices, P.A., we are committed to protecting the rights
of our clients by providing them with an aggressive and personalized defense
against the charges they confront.
Contact us today to request your free case evaluation with our Spanish-speaking lawyers!
Our firm proudly defend individuals who have been arrested in our community,
including Kissimmee and Orlando.